Antivirus On Swyx Server 2015 R2?

vsenguel

Hi, we have here a Windows 2008 R2 Server with a updated Swyx 2015 R2 release on it.

Is there any list of certified antivirus Clients that we can Install on the Windows Server?

I dont like Windows Servers without a security Client where has a connection to the Internet... :huh:

Thank you for any hints.

Volkan

• Most Valued User

I had Installation with Avira Antivir, F-Secure, Mc Afee and Kaspersky....always with exclusions for Swyx Folder and Sql

The First Point for Troubleshoot is to deinst the Antivirus. 😉

Thank you srom for the beedback.

But, are there no recommendations or best practice from Swyx for this Point of Server security???

Does the support tell the customers to uninstall first the AV if any problem exisits...?

OMG :angry:

Volkan

Thank you Tom, but that not a Option for me to run a Windows Server without antivirus on it... :(

Is there really no Whitepaper for this Point from Swyx?
Our consultat told me that the Swyx Server should not have a av(?).

What is the official way to secure the Swyx Server for Virus and other threads?

But not the Firewall, we had a central one on the Internet Gateway ;)

thx

Volkan

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed AVG and ESET recently. I tend to go for the fileserver versions of AV software and to avoid the versions that do anything too active or block network connections in some way. I figure that at least if you are doing an out-of-hours file scan, that it will pick something up if it is there, but I don't feel happy fault finding when there is something more complex than just file scanning.

Archived