ECR - Queues

Olof

I have a few questions about call distribution (ECR) in relation to queues

We have multiple queues handled by same group of agents. When it is very busy (we can determine that by amount of calls in queues) we want to have the system prioritize that particular queues are handled with priority.

We want to not have the agent to manually do anything like logging out of particular queues. Can you guys think with us what options we would have to achieve this?

Based on the manual this is not possible with Visual Groups, actually Visual Groups seems to be basically using ECR features in the backend and just provides an easy front end to change those rules on the fly. If you want to manually dispatch calls from different queues this would be working. Just to further clearify my question. Let's assume you have 3 waiting queues where calls are landed. Call Center agents are member of all 3 queues. Normally, of course depending on the call distribution mechanism configured, it is handling the calls on a FIFO based over all 3 queues (longest waiting in line). Now when it is busy I want to simple say queue 1 calls needs to be handled first, when queue 1 is empty start with queue 2 and if no calls in queue 1 and 2 then start with calls in queue 3.

• 1 month later...

Hi, i just want to check if i have understood the requirement correctly but i think we need a bit more information.

How is busy defined?

If(totals calls in queue 1 + total calls in queue 2 + total calls in queue 3) > n then busy

or is it just the calls in queue 1 that are high priority therefor

If(totals calls in queue 1) > n then busy ?

really it sounds like there should be one queue but will all calls tagged as being queue 1,2 or 3.  when we aren't in a busy condition then all calls are just dealt with in order i.e. answered based on the time entering the queue.  when we are in a busy condition then the order is by queue tag then by time until we drop below the threshold and then the queue for waiting calls is reorder based on time only.

is that what you are looking to achieve in terms of functionality?

On 3/8/2021 at 7:38 PM, neville said:

Hi, i just want to check if i have understood the requirement correctly but i think we need a bit more information.

How is busy defined?

If(totals calls in queue 1 + total calls in queue 2 + total calls in queue 3) > n then busy

or is it just the calls in queue 1 that are high priority therefor

If(totals calls in queue 1) > n then busy ?

really it sounds like there should be one queue but will all calls tagged as being queue 1,2 or 3.  when we aren't in a busy condition then all calls are just dealt with in order i.e. answered based on the time entering the queue.  when we are in a busy condition then the order is by queue tag then by time until we drop below the threshold and then the queue for waiting calls is reorder based on time only.

is that what you are looking to achieve in terms of functionality?

Thanks for responding. I was basically meaning with the word "Busy" the callcenter is flooded with calls. I understand we could get that condition in logic.

We could use If(totals calls in queue 1) > n then busy  or use average waiting time or some other variable.

You have understood the functionality what we want to achieve if that condition is met. I like your approach to have one queue and tag the calls. Do I understand correctly that we can then not really use GUI ECR functionality but we have to create also a script to handle the order?