Show name of Outlook contact in mail notification

mmjlz

Hi,

we have a call routing script which sends an email for missed calls. Is it possible to show the caller name in this email if the contact is stored in Outlook?

The general connection between Swyx and Outlook is working. I can see the caller name in my "missed calls" list and also when I type the name into the dial field.

But in the email it shows nothing. It's only working for contacts stored in global or personal Swyx phone book.

I'm using IpPbx.CallingName

Any ideas what's wrong?

Unfortunately it's not working too. Number and date/time are displayed, but no caller name. All details are available in the call log....

Maybe the call routing script cannot access the outlook information?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the problem here is, that the call routing happens on the server, before the call is connected to a client. The name resolution against Outlook is a client feature.

It is possible though to program a name resolution i.e. against an Exchange server from within the call routing. I don't have vbscript example code here at the moment, but Google should find some code.

Archived