Automatic Dial?

rjn239

Hi,

Can you set Swyx to automatically dial a number when it detects the SwyxIt! Handset P280 has been lifted?

We want to place a handset on our reception desk for when it is unmanned, connected to the computer there. The customer reads a sign that says simply to lift the handset and it should start ringing a specific extension, requiring no interaction with the PC or dialling.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ryan.

Using the Client SDK this should not be much of a problem.

You should take a look into the examples coming with the Client SDK or the ones, that are already available here on Swyx Forum:

https://www.swyxforum.com/forum/28-client-sdk/

The How to initiate alarm calls programatically example there comes already very close to what you need.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply! That does seem the same principle as what i am after.

Not sure how to make it work though? I pasted the code into notepad and saved out as .vbs file, tried double clicking on it and it didn't work... clearly I am being a bit stupid, never done this before, could you offer some intructions?

Thanks,

Ryan.

Thanks that worked as expected when I removed that!

Do you know if it is possible to link this script to the 'hook off' action? so when the handset is lifted?

Ryan.

Perhaps just have the script constantly waiting for the 'hook off' signal? dialling the number, playing the message, hanging up, and then returning to the waiting stage again?

• Most Valued User

This looks like a lot of work to fit a certain device to a function that it was not meant to do.  I would rather just get a cheap SIP phone that has this functionality build in, something like the Yealink T19 or similar.

This looks like a lot of work to fit a certain device to a function that it was not meant to do.  I would rather just get a cheap SIP phone that has this functionality build in, something like the Yealink T19 or similar.

You've got a point. I think i'll just do that. I've used the Client SDK a bit over the last few weeks to tap into active calls etc.. but can't really be bothered to invest too much for this, when, as you say this is an easy solution.

Archived