Regarding Queue Wait Music

mfachmann

Hi

I have created a standard swyx queue. It has to do the normal things such as announce place in queue and play wait music for the caller until the call gets connected to an available agent. My problem is that the wait music restarts every time the system announces place in queue or when the call is not picked up by an available agent. Is this normal behavior or am I doing something wrong? I'm using the latest release (10.20.1812).

Regards

mfachmann

The music on hold (MOH) should not restart after the position announcement. The behaviour you should see is, that the volume of the MOH will lowered, the position announcement comes, and then the volume of the MOH will be increased again.

If the call gets connected to the destination, meaning you hear the alerting sound and the destination rings, MOH will be stopped before. If the destination does not pick up the call, MOH will be started again from the beginning. So that's normal behaviour. 

How long (in seconds) is your MOH, and what have you configured as interval in the queue attributes for the position announcement?

Hi Tom

Thanks for the reply.

If the call gets connected to the destination, meaning you hear the alerting sound and the destination rings, MOH will be stopped before. If the destination does not pick up the call, MOH will be started again from the beginning. So that's normal behaviour. 

Why not stop the MOH when you know the destination has picked up? To me it seems like a better solution.

How long (in seconds) is your MOH, and what have you configured as interval in the queue attributes for the position announcement?

MOH is about 20 minutes and the interval is 30 sec, which is default I think.

Why not stop the MOH when you know the destination has picked up? To me it seems like a better solution.

But the MOH is stopped in order to play the alerting sound while the destination is ringing. That's what I wrote in my first answer.

And as the MOH is stopped it will start from the beginning if the destination does not pick up the call.

Archived