If i push a DTMF write on File timestamp and phone number

DBosa

Go to solution Solved by Tom Wellige,

13 hours ago, Tom Wellige said:

Just to be sure that you are aware of it: the call routing with all its DTMF functionality is only for inbound calls, not outbound calls.

What is the purpose of the DTMF input (a customer id or something like that)?

Dear Tom, yes it is only for the inbound call. The customer want to take a time stamp and call iDand write on a txt file  when somebody push one of the DTmf (choose one departement) Inside the  call routing.

So you are using a "Get DTMF Character" block for the department selection, right?

In there, you can define a variable in which the selected exit of the block is written.

Afterwards you only need to write the content of that variable, along with a time stamp and the caller id into a text file.

You can use this example as a basis on how to write into a text file from within a call routing script:

Dear Tom,

image.png.ad7b76be23bc123a98528031ce00735d.png

I use the 'write into a text' but I'm not sure what can I do to let the call routing write only if I push a DTMF and not only when i receive a Call. 

so I'm not sure what i can set on the DTMf.

thank you in advance

• Solution

You misunderstood my previous answer. Within the "Get DTMF Char" block you can define a variable that also keeps the pressed key. Something like this:

image.png

Within the "Write To File" block you call a VBScript function that you have placed into the "Start" block of the script and which is based on the one from the link above. When calling it, you need to pass the "pressed_key" variable as function parameter into that function.

The second "Insert Script Code" block is there, to let you differentiate graphically again what the caller has entered.