Incoming Caller Information update

Joanne

Go to solution Solved by Markus Wallner,

We are currently running SwyxServer V9.40.1635 on a Windows 10 PC. (10 users)

We have been using Swyx since 2010 but the support company here in New Zealand is extremely unhelpful so I have become the support person for our company.

I would like to update whatever database Swyx uses to provide incoming caller information but I do not know where it gets it's information from.

Can anyone point me to where I can find this info to update or point it somewhere reliable?

Regards

Jo

• Most Valued User

If you open the SwyxWare Administration tool, there should be an option for the global phonebook.

This (and the personal phonebooks of the users) is the only database Swyx uses by default.

Any other data source might be connected somehow (e.g. via CallRoutings), but this is some kind of special konfiguration that would blow up the frame of a single forum reply.

Maybe start with the phonebooks first :)

Thank you for your help,

On our install, the Global Phonebook is empty so the company that installed our system must have used another method.

I will keep trying to find out from them how to update it.

• Most Valued User

then the next step should be: Open one of the user's call routings and check, if there is any routing enabled. 

If so, take a look into it, maybe it does make some database-queries or API-calls. (Or disable it and check if the lookup still takes place).