Call routing script

FragFloggaFlip

Hi Chaps,

I know open queue is really old but, i have built some routing however, the problem i am having is when it starts to queue. 

For example; You call into the main line select option one and option one is busy and you are put on hold. Option 1 is going to extension 2001.

Second caller comes in and presses option 2 which goes to a different destination where there are no one on the phone. However, they get put into the same que as the user who pressed option one and the call will only go through if the option one user puts down the phone.

Can anyone shine some light on this issue please? if they have ever come across this 

As Open Queue doesn't come with any such "options" you are describing I assume you have implemented some sort of IVR menu into your call routing to decide where the call should be routed to.

Without knowing that call routing in detail there is not too much chance to help you.

Please export the call routing rule from inside the GSE into an .rse file, and attach it here.

The answer is quite simple: for all of the 4 DTMF selections you have an own call routing path, but in each path you use the same queue name (Customer Contact). Therefore all calls will be added into the same queue.

To prevent that, just give every call routing path its own queue name so that you really end up with 4 different queue. At the moment you only have 1 queue which is served by the 4 different paths in your call routing script.

• 4 weeks later...

I can offer to take a look into the server trace file this weekend to see in detail what is happening.

Please send the current server trace file (which includes at least one call into your call routing) via PM to me (do not post it publicly!).

I would also need a time stamp and caller and called number to be able to identify the call in the trace file.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived