Calls Stuck In Queue

gdixon

Hi Graham,

for me this looks like it has nothing to do with the Open Queue but with your setup. From 08:00:23 on all new incoming calls are rejected because there are not free channels available.

Is it possible that you simply reached the maximum amount of configured/licensed voice channels?

I don't know what happens on your system, but it definitely can't be the queue.

1. As I wrote, from 08:00:23 on 99% of all newly incoming calls (3889!!!) are rejected with "no channel available". This doesn't happen before.
  2. ALL scripts of all current calls in the queue stop doing anything from 08:01:31 till 08:13:34. So for 12 minutes there is complete silence in the traces for these calls. After that some timers get fired and the server disconnects all the calls.

What ever happens at eight o'clock on your system, it completely blocks your SwyxWare!!!

This has nothing to do with two calls coming in more or less simultaneously. In fact they are 500 ms separated from each other and for both the queue gets properly initiated. The first call ends up at position 19 in the queue, the second call at position 20. A minute later they reached positions 16 and 17 and then the entire system gets blocked for 12 minutes.

But as new calls get already blocked before the cause of the problem must be located also before.

So, this is not an OQ problem, but something else that messes up your SwyxWare.

For further analysis you should take a look into the event logs if you find anything in there that happens at the same time.

Tom.

Graham,

I thought a little bit about this situation and is it by any chance possible that you have an open SIP port into the internet and facing a DOS attack?

Actually nearly 4000 calls within a few minutes seems a little bit "much". And that's just the number of calls that made it to the server. As it got stuck the number might be even higher.

Hi Tom,

No, I have ran a wireshark and the only SIP traffic hitting the server is from the correct SIP provider.

This has happened again this morning.

When these two calls come in at exactly the same time. these calls and the calls after it get stuck until I manually press the up arrow button to push them through - they then go to the alerting status and the queue continues to flow as normal.

Thanks

Regards Graham

post-136-0-88763300-1420533267_thumb.png

Well, that doesn't change what I saw in the traces.

Especially point number 2 is a clear sign that there is something else happening on your machine at that time. I have never seen a server trace before where the call routing literally halts for 12 minutes without doing anything in between.

I see no chance that this is connected to the OQ at all. So I am afraid I can't help in this case. 

Do you have a routing configuration problem in your SwyxWare? All those numerous calls come from and go to the same number actually...

Regards, Tom

Tom,

Just to add to this - I can replicate this issue at will by calling in to the queue from two phones at exactly the same time.

I have looked at the open queue database - the calls are in there and they are stuck on status ID 1(Waiting). If we manually change one of my stuck calls to status ID 2(Alerting) all calls continue to flow as normal.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi Tom,

Just been having a think on how we can get round it.

At present there is an DTMF Chart that answers the call then it is forwarded into the queue based on what option then press through a connect to with proceed with destination call routing ticked.

Is there anyway we can delay the call forwarding into the connect to with the use of persistent variables?

Would it be possible to hold the call before it enters the queue for a random amount of time?

Cheers

Something like would be possible (some how), but you could still end up in the same situation. You would just make your script more complicated...

The problem is really in the structure OQ currently stores/handle the current position in the queue. This needs to be changed.

I am quite busy in my spare time these days so I can't promise anything when it will be fixed. Sorry.

• 2 months later...
  • Most Valued User

Just install iQueue ;o)
iQueue can handle 2 incommimng calls at the same time. Both calls will be handled simultaniously to the members. Technically there is always one call earlier. This call locks one member and dilivers the call and the second call will be delivered to an other member, according the distribution type set.

Archived