Conference Lines

DanS

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the conference lines on our Swyx System, a few weeks ago they were working fine and you could dial in and you would get the holding music and the whole 'you're the only user in this conference message'. The Swyx Server hasn't been touched and someone tried to join one of the conference rooms and when you dial in nothing happens. This happens on all of our conference numbers. I have tried restarting the system multiple times and also restarting conferencemgr.exe multiple times as well. Is there an easy fix for this? 

• Most Valued User

Hi Dan!

In order to help you a few more informations would be very helpful.

Is the callrouting for the conference rooms still active?

Which Swyx server version do you use?

With which end devices does the problem occur?

Do you use pin codes for your conference rooms?

If yes - did you try with a mobile phone? Does the same problem occur?

Hi Pete, Thank you for getting back to me!

We use a different method for doing call routing - (the system was set up before I joined the company I currently work for.) Basically we dial a different number and our clients dial an external number which calls a call routing user who then drops the user in the conference room once they've entered a pin.

The Swyx version we're using I think is 10.30.2155.0

If you're referring to phones as end devices we use YeaLink SIP-T41P's.

We don't use pins on the conference numbers themselves however on the call routing users that I mentioned before.

I have tried calling directly in with my mobile and the same issue occours.

Nothing has been changed in the call routing scripts or any other settings, this just happened randomly. 

Thanks a lot, hope this is enough info! 

Dan

• Most Valued User

Hi Dan,

i'm using Swyx 10.30.2155.0 on several servers, too and i do not have such a problem on any. So i stronlgy guess that an update won't fix it but you need to search the problem somewhere else. For me it's sounding like the callrouting is not active. Did you make a testcall and check the logfiles? What is happening if you enter an incorrect PIN?

Does the problem always occur or sometimes?

Do you use a SwyxConnect 8080 (Audiocodes Mediant 800)?

Hi Pete, 

I did a test and looked at the log files, seems to be okay there however I checked the Traces folder for every time I restarted the conference manager and this appeared quite a few times in it.

19 10:18:41.519 0021c8 *Err MSRtp      050862B0 00100001 SRtpUdp::WriteData                      Write error on data port: Socket closed or invalid port=56006

In regards to if the error has occured always or sometimes, before the end of the year they were working absolutely fine. Come back to the office and now they're not fine.

I'm not familiar enough with Swyx to know what you mean by SwyxConnect 8080, is there an easy way to check?

Thanks

Dan

The Conference user on Swyx Administration is online yes, I have tried multiple times to shutdown and start up the conference service which drops the user offline then online again, however nothing. If the issue is what you say it is what's the easiest way to solve that?

Thanks,

Archived