Called person doesn't get the Voice-Mail.

NoName1771

Hello,

When I get a call and can't answer the phone, the call gets switched to another person who could answer the Phone.

BUT when this Person can't answer the phone either, he gets the Voice-Mail of my call.

Can that be switched, so that I get the Voicemail?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes!

As long as you are using the standard forwarding of the SwyxWare the call routing of the forwarding destination will be started. In your case the voicemail of the other person. This is absolute wanted behaviour. Let's assume, that you forward your calls to the operator and you have an highly sophisticated call routing up and running there. Of course you want that to be started.

Just create yourself all call routing script using the "grapical script editor" in which you use the "connect to" block to connect the call to your colleague. Now it's up to you to either check the box "proceed with destination call routing" or leave it un-checked. If you leave the default (not checked) and your colleague doesn't answer the call you will end up in the "timeout" exit or in the "not delivered" exit in case he is not logged in. In both cases you then just link into a "voicemail" block. What you want to do in case of "busy" is up to you. I would suggest to link this exit also with the "voicemail" block or link it with a "terminate call" block (reason: busy) to signal the busy tone to the caller.

Archived