Check Location of a user inside Call Routing

Martin Smolinski

Hello,

I need to check inside an ECR script the location of a user which is defined in "Properties -> Administration". I had a look at the PBXUser Object but it seems that it's not possible to get the location. 

Is there really no way to get the location of a user or am I overlooked something?

Thanks for your replies!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 17.2.2016 at 3:11 PM, Tom Wellige said:

Hello Martin,

you can use another Server API to figure the location of a user: the PBXConfig object. You find it's documentation here:

You can't check the name the location directly, but from the country code and area code you can easily resolve the location.

Hi Tom,

I've tried to solve my problem via the PBXConfig Object but it was not successful. The problem is that we have only one Swyx server where are different locations configured. With the PBXConfig object I only get the country- and areacode from the default location.  Also we have the situation that it's possible that a user has a number different from his location. So I can't identify his location via the number which was called. 

The only possibility I see now is to connect to the swyx database from the ECR script and get the location from the user from there. 

Or is there any other possibility which I don't see at the moment?  

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Martin,

I would have assumed that the country code and area code would be delivered according to the user's location. Are you using the PBXConfig object as described in the article?

dim oPBXConfig
set oPBXConfig = PBXScript.CreateObject("IpPBxSrv.PBXConfig")
oPBXConfig.Initialize PBXUser

You must not forget the highlighted line.

If this doesn't work, I see not other chance than to check the configuration data via the database. The proper way (Swyx recommended way) would be to use the Config Data Store SDK for that. But of course no one can prevent you from accessing the database directly. Just don't modify anything, just read ;) 

Archived