Tom Wellige

Tom Wellige

As host of this site I should also introduce myself (as I also already did in the old Swyx Forum):

My name is Tom. My career in the communication business started in 1986 when I joined the former "Deutsche Bundepost", nowadays Deutsche Telekom to become a telephone technician.

Before that I started already my computer/software career on the Spektrum ZX80 and the Sharp MZ80k computers, based on Z80 cpus and programmed in assembly language. Later on other languages like Basic, Pascal, C, C++ and even Cobol followed.

While studying "Communication Technologies" I had my first own business to write and sell some MS DOS shareware applications.

After graduation I moved to Dortmund and learned lots of my current colleagues at ITK, an ISDN manufacturer. After spending some years with a consultant company where I wrote banking and process simulation software I hired at Swyx in 2000.

Within Swyx I managed the quality assurance, later on the customer support and am a consultant today. My job is to consult in special customer environments (mostly ecr) and SwyxWare integrations, do ecr developer trainings and also wrote and maintain some of Swyx's internal database systems.

In 2007 I started the Swyx Forum as a community platform for everyone who likes to learn Swyx related stuff beside manuals and trainings or who likes to share his knowledge. Like I do!

Archived