Calls In Mobile Extension Manager

GROUP7

Hello @all,

we want to introduce the Mobile Client to our users. We have done some testing and experience the following behaviour:

No matter which number we dial, we get connected to MEM after one signal tone; MEM picks up the call and waits for a number to be dialled. If we dial a number everything is fine. Is there any possibility that MEM takes the number dialled initially and connects the call directly?

I.e. I dial +49123456789, choose "Office" and MEM directly dials the given number. It is very irritating to get connected to MEM (no announcement, just silence) and then having to dial the target number.

Best regards

Ben

• Most Valued User

Did you install Swyx Web Access service and is it configured correctly?

If so, the number which should be dialed should be sent via webaccess and your mobile call should be identified by it's mobile number.

Accordingly you should check whether your mobile signals it's own number and that the signaled number is set within the mobile extension configuration of your swyxware user.

Check for typos regarding the number too ;)

• Most Valued User

Usually, the behavior should be that SwyxWare will forward your incoming call directly to the number you entered in your client. 

If this does not work, you can check settings of the mobile client. I do not have access to my smartphone right now, but as far as I remember, there is an option called somehow like "Express dialing".

- enabled means: Mobile client will use an internet connection before dialing to tell the Swyx where do you want to call to. After that, it calls the Swyx-remote-number and waits to be forwarded

- disabled means: Mobile client will not "pre-announce" his call. Instead of this, it will call +495559876,49123456789 with your smartphone (which is a CallThru-functionality, phone will call your swyxserver, wait for connection and transmits the destination number via DTMF). 

Maybe play around with this setting. Usually, both should work. The first one is faster, the second one does not require internet for call setup (once the app is started). But lets say you have disabled express dialing AND your smartphone does not support DTMF-suffix-dialing, it cannot work.

Hi jodost,

I have disabled "express dialing", now it works that way that you described (funny to hear the dialling ;-)

(we use iPhones with Mobile Client, they should support DTMF)

Now the question is why "enabled" does not work. We did not change any setting within the MEM script. I think MEM does not recognize the number I am dialling for some reason.

@Virikas: Swyx WebAccess is installed on a separate server in the DMZ, connection to SwyxServer works. Signalling also works as it should.

• Most Valued User

It would be helpful to take a look into mobile ext manager's log file to check if he logs the right number.

Maybe you should double check if the mapping if configured user on the iPhone vs. configured mobile caller id is correct.

If you dial via dtmf, the SWYX does not care if and who is logged in at the smartphone. The MEM will recognise the user via callerid only.

If you dial via express mode, the Swyx will be informed about that call before.

Let's say you are logged in as user A in the app, but mobile phone number is configured for user B:
- app will inform Swyx about an incoming call of user A
- app will dial the MEM number
- Swyx will see an incoming call from user B (and did not expected this user, so it will wait for dtmf digits)

(sometimes happens if you test your colleagues account on your own smartphone)

Archived