Problem with RTP connection from "IP Phones to Swyx Client" and "between Swyx Clients"

Darokthar

Hi,

I'm new to the the forum. We are using the SwyxWare Version 12.x from the german Telekom. The SwyxWare Server is on the WAN Side of the firewall. Before we installed the firewall everything was working fine.

The Setup behind the firewall is as Follows:

There are two V-LANs (IDs 2 and 3 with IP Ranges: 172.16.2.0/24 and 172.16.3.0/24)

All Phones are in the V-LAN with the ID 3, all workstations (Swyx Clients) are in the V-LAN with the ID 3.

All IP Pones can reach each other and there are no problems with the voice transmission.

As soon, as a Swyx Client is part of the call (Call from IP-Phone to Client or vice versa), the voice from the IP phone could not be heard by the client.

I have eccessively debugged the firewall part. There are no packets dropped. The packets are routed by the firewall between both V-LANs. I made a recording with Wireshark. The packets are routed to the client. I even can play back the voice transmitted by the IP Phone. But the Swyx Client is just not playing it back.

Does anyone have any Idea?

• Most Valued User

You had recording with Wireshark at an Client an there is the Mediastreaming form phone and you can hear this channel ?

If an Client at vlan form the Phones there is not trouble right ?

I don`t know is it possible that there ist NAT activ betwen VLAN2 and 3 ?

Noch kurz in Deutsch 🙂

Also ein Client im VLAN der IP-Telefone funktioniert ?

Ist eventuell NAT aktiv zwischen den 2 VLANs ?

Ansonsten muss man die Traces vom Client aktiveren und schauen warum er den RTP Stream verwirft am Client.

Hierzu kann du auch ein Ticket bei uns "Telekom" öffnen, dann schauen die Kollegen sich das gerne an.

Ist aber mit größerter Wahrscheinlichkeit eine Fehler in euere Konfig.