Ecr For Outgoing Calls

Christian

• Most Valued User

Hi All!

Based on this this blog post from Martin, I did several test and I'm quiet saticefied so far.

There is only one thing, that seems to result in impactful errors: signaling calls to mobile number.

For me it seems that "enable parallel calls for this user" does not work with this outgoing callrouting. for my understanding, it seems that this function makes another test if the destination is reachable.

Due to the fact that the call is forwared to a local user (+4915112345678 is changed to -> 800+4915112345678). than an internal address resolution is made and this retrieves user not reachable.

does anyone knows a solution for this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Most Valued User

Don't know if it fits for you, but: you might be able to disable outgoing ecr for all your own mobile phones by adding ReplacementItems for every mobile phone or number range.

But then you don't have outgoing ecr even if someone calls his colleague manually (depending on the way he dials)

• Most Valued User

Thanks jodost, you're right - that would work.

Unfortunatly just for the mobile phone of the employees I've implemented the outgoing ECR...

In general we always signal just the central number 0123456789-0, this is done by number replacement in trunk configuration: +49123456789* -> +491234567890.

Using ECR I manage to get a way to just signal the calling extension number to our employees mobile but not to anyone else...

• Most Valued User

Ah, I understand the problem.

We usualy configure this for our hosted SwyxWare customers on the sip server side cause it's not so easy in the Swyx :)

Are u using sip or isdn trucks? With sip you can try:

- create another trunk for the same provider

- do not configure any numbers on this trunk

- configure the number handling for calls with unknown a number to: always send 0123456789-0

- configure routings so that this trunk is used for all calls except your mobile phones

• Most Valued User

Intresting thread, we're gathering a lot of knowledge for other users :)

unfortunatly, this scenario is for a telekom isdn/pmx trunk and the calls to this mobiles are free of charge as they are included in a special agreement. so even to use a sip trunk for just this numbers does not work...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued User

Maybe ah total different approach might be the following (didn't test that, but should work):

Configure an internal user with the internal number 01 ; in general the number plan in germany doesn't contain internal numbers starting with 0 so that shouldn't be a problem, ut you should look closely not to create ambigous numbers.

On that user u create a callrouting which extracts PostDialingDigits() and forwards the call to the number provided by these Postdialingdigits.

You can also set the calling number here.

You'd just have to train your users that they don't dial 0 in front of the mobile number, when they want to call colleagues on theire mobiles,

so that entering 015112345678 results in an internal number resolution for your 01 user.

Archived