Active Call Monitoring

Arian

Hello fellow SwyxWare Users and Devs,

I have some questions regarding the real time monitoring of active calls in SwyxWare.

My company (a small enviroment with 10-20 clients) wants to monitor all active calls on a designated screen in the office, alongside with seperate (non-SwyxWare) information. For this we are using Dashing. However, getting the information about the active calls out of SwyxWare remains to be a big hurdle.

What I have done so far:

1) Reading the logfiles (aka "cdr... .txt" in \ProgramData\Swyx\) is not fit for real time monitoring.

2) I have not yet found any line of code in PowerShell that is able to get the active calls with their details. Iterating over the active calls in the phonebook I can only get the state of users, but not, for example, the number of the party on the other end, the duration of the call, etc. The information I would like to have is generally the information displayed in the "Active Calls" view of my SwyxWare Administration Interface.

3) From extensive search in the forums, I came to the conclusion, that I will have to access the CDS in order to get the information I want. However, I cannot get the provided C++/CLI-Sample of the SDK to compile.

If anyone has a running setup for real time call monitoring or can point me in the direction of the right setup / further documentation / sample code this would be greatly apprecianted!

In my desperation I now went so far as to run the SwyxWare Administration Interface and directly read the programms memory from RAM in order to get my desired information. However, this is a nasty workaround I am not willing to accept as a final solution, so I hope for some guidance of the community.

Best Regards ;)

• Most Valued User

Hello Arian,

an Active Call view is available via Powershell and via the ConfigDataStore API:

Powershell

# Connect to the local server via Windows Authentication
Connect-IpPbx

# Get the active calls list
Get-IpPbxCall

# Cleanup
Disconnect-IpPbx

ConfigDataStore API

// Create and configure new LibManager object
// Use AuthenticationMode "SProxyObject.AuthenticationMode.Trusted"
// for WindowsAuthentication
var libManager = new LibManager()
{
    BaseProtocol = SProxyObject.BaseProtocol.TCP,
    Username = "TestUser",
    Password = "TestPassword",
    WSBaseUrl = "127.0.0.1",
    AuthenticationMode = SProxyObject.AuthenticationMode.UsernamePassword
};

// Get Admin Facade
var adminFacade = this.libManager.GetAdminFacade();

// Get Calls
var callList = adminFacade.GetActiveCallsView().CreateSortableFilterCollection()

// Output call list....

// Cleanup
adminFacade.FreeForReuse();
libManager.FreeForReuse();
adminFacade = null;
libManager = null;

Thanks for the incredibly fast anwser!

Regarding the PowerShell sample, "Get-IpPbxCall" seems to do the trick pretty much. I was looking at code like this and felt well over my hat. But this is pretty much good enough for me as of now, so I thank you once again! If I come up with any more problems or have some sample code to share for the implementation with Dashing, I will post it here ;)

As mentioned in my previous post I have had some great success with the provided PS sample (here an example). However, two problems still remain:

1) I now fetch and store my data as shown in the code below:

# Get the active calls list
Get-IpPbxCall > active_calls.txt

This produces a file like this (0s inserted for anonymity):

CallId  Origination               Called                    Destination        
------  -----------               ------                    -----------        
121256  Sample Name 1 (00... +0000014279110            70                 
121260  Sample Name 6195 (+... +0000014279114            85                 
121262  +000001649260             +0000064509918            +0000064509918     
121264  Sample Name 3062 (+... +0000014279114            80                 

As you might see, the "Destination"-Number is not resolved properly (name not propperly written). Any suggestions on how to do that?

Additional points if I can somehow get the duration of the call, but it is no so important.

2) Additionally, there is the general problem, that I even have to write to file. Currently I invoke the PS code by calling the PS script from Python and then read the file with Python. Optimally, I would like to have PS to simply return the data into std_out or write to shell, etc so I can fetch it directly.

Any suggestions are as always deeply appreciated!

• Most Valued User

Hi Arian,

regarding point 2) I highly recommand to use the Config Data Store API SDK (have a look here). In combination with ASP.NET WebAPI you could represent your data by a simple URI, so your dashboard/frontend can consume data easily.

For Duration have a look on:

Get-IpPbxCall | ForEach-Object { "{0:HH:mm:ss,fff}" -f ([datetime](([TimeSpan]::FromMilliseconds($_.Duration).Ticks) / 10000)) }

Thanks for the reply!

I already have had a long look at the linked SDK samples, but to my shame I have had great trouble getting them to run (one of the reasons I asked for help in the first place). I simply lack the background in .NET / Windows / C development. Anyway, I am pretty happy as of now, especially since you have shown me this neat way to get the call duration. If possible, can you elaborate where I can find more examples like this or an documentation of the properties I can access? Also are there any suggestions for crossrefrencing the "Destination"-Number with the Phonebook? I will keep searching on my end and thank all of you for your help.

• Most Valued User

Hi Arian,

a good way to work with Windows PowerShell is the ISE.

I.e. you are able to use Intellisense and the Command-Overview-Box on the right site, where you get a list of all Cmdlets. "import-modules ippbx" and just choose this Module and you will have a great overview about Parameters, Properties, Description and so on.

In this Example Get-IpPbxCall gives you an Object (ActiveCallEntry) with some Properties. Just put it an Variable and typing this Variable with a dot, so Intellisense will show up its properties.

Have a look here ("More Cool Intellisense").

Hi ogoettlich,

this is great!

However it does not really work for me, since (as you might have seen in the dump of Get-IpPbxCall above) my $_.DestinationNumber could for example be "85". Doing the search with "-SearchNumber" then finds all numbers containing "85", e.g. 00000008500. Also, when no entry is found, I want to actually display the number. Sorry if I was very impresice in my question. But you proppeled me in the right direction. Since I lack the expertise my code looks very cluncky and is not yet 100% doing what he's supposed to, but will do so eventually but atleast does what I want:

Import-Module IpPbx

# Connect to the local server via Windows Authentication
Connect-IpPbx -ServerName 000.000.000.000 # Server address replaced for anonymity

$base_nummer = "00000000" # Telefon number replaced for anonymity

do
{

ForEach ($item in Get-IpPbxCall)
    {

if ($item.DestinationNumber.ToString().Length -eq 2) {
            $full_number = $base_nummer + $item.DestinationNumber.ToString().Replace('+','')
        } 
        else {
            $full_number = $item.DestinationNumber.ToString().Replace('+','')
        }

$entry_found = $FALSE
        ForEach ($entry in Get-IpPbxPhonebookEntry -GlobalPhoneBook) {
            if ($entry.Number -match $full_number) {
                $full_number, $entry.Name
                $entry_found = $TRUE
                break
            }
        }

if (-Not $entry_found) {
           $full_number
        }
    }
}
while($TRUE)

• Most Valued User

Hello Arian,

it seems that your SwyxWare is not correctly configured otherwise you would not get numbers like "+00000...".
What kind of trunks do you use and how they are configured?
It seems that the number format configuration of your trunks / trunk groups is wrong.

Kind regards

Sebastian Dreier

Hey Sebastian,

thanks for your awnser! I think everythings fine with my setup since,

This produces a file like this (0s inserted for anonymity):

$base_nummer = "00000000" # Telefon number replaced for anonymity

I simply used some zeros to mask the real numbers. Or perhaps can you rephrase your question, if I might not understand you correctly?

Also I am quite happy how every thing turned out right now. I need to fiddle little bit more, but due to the help of all of you, I am positiv to have all I want soon. Will update the code sample as reference then. However, thanks so far! ;)

Archived