Remoteconnector

Mikel

Hi,

we are testing the Remoteconnector and it works fine.

How we can delete the automatically generated certificate on the user account..

We need the possebillity to activate or deactivate the User for the Remoteconnector.

I think the best way is to delete the User Certificate on the Server.

Thanks a lot for help.

Greets

Mikel

• Most Valued User

This is exactly what I asked the Swyx team and the answer was "there is actually no way to delete a certificate via Swyx admin".

You could delete the certificate via certmgr.msc, but there is no way to get rid of the certificate hash within the users configuration, besides doing it directly via database (which is not supproted and not recommended!)

Personally I think this is bad design!

Hi,

thanks for the information.

So the only way if you want to delete the cert from the useraccount via the administration tool is to delete the user and create him again.

Not really admin friendly  grrrrrr

cheers

Mikel

Hi Mikel,

You can also just generate a new certificate for the user in swyxware administration. The user cant loggon anymore through remoteconnector. But it will be pushed automatic if the user is logged on internal(lan) again. 

• Most Valued User
18 hours ago, Younes said:

But it will be pushed automatic

And this is why this is no solution.
Just because I created a certificate once for a user, I should NOT have to delete the whole user just to prevent him from using the remoteconnector again...

• 6 months later...

Hi, anyone knowing how to generate pfx-files from powershell?

I guess something like 

$type=[System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509ContentType]::pfx
$cert=Get-IpPbxClientCertificate -UserEntry $(get-ippbxuser -username 'Ulf Wilhelmsson')
$bytes=$cert.Export($type)
[system.convert]::ToBase64String($bytes) > file.pfx 

But I get errors on row =>  $bytes=$cert.Export($type)

Exception calling "Export" with "1" argument(s): "Key not valid for use in specified state.

Archived