Specify Dc When Adding A Domain User

Adrian

Hi together it's me again,

I'm still programming a Script for automatic Creation of Domain Users and I wanted to ask, if it's possible to define the Domain Controller from which the "Add-IpPbxUserWindowsAccount" - Cmdlet reads the User Information from.

My problem is, that my new User Account is created on DC1 at location 1.

Now I want to add this Windows Account to my Swyx Account at Location 2.

While my newly created Account from Location 1 isn't already replicated to my DC on Location 2 the Swyx Server can't find the specified Account.

AD Replication intervall is 15 minutes, but I don't really want to set my script to sleep for that time period and also I don't want to set a shorter period for replication.

The reason for location 1 is, that I create all the AD Accounts via remote Powershell Session on our Exchange Server which is at location 1. Within this remote session I can access all modules and cmdlets (AD / Exchange etc.) I need.

If I will create the AD Account at Location 2 where the Swyx Server can find it, my Exchange Server at Location 1 would have to wait for AD replication.

In my oppinion the only solutions are:

- do the "Add-IpPbxUserWindowAccount" Cmdlet with specified DC

or

- force an AD Replication.

Isn't there any possibility to set the DC for that Command? :(

The "Sync-ADObject" works perfectly for this task.

Right after creating the AD User Account, I'm syncing that Object between my DC1s and pause the script via "Start-Sleep" for 10 seconds.

After this break both DCs at Location 2 have synced the User Account.

Thanks srom

Archived