User State

rjn239

Hi,

Wonder if somebody could suggest the best approach to getting the states of users.

I essentially want to place the status of certain users on a webpage I.E on the phone, busy, DND etc.

Can't quite think of the best way to achieve it, I have tried 'Get-IpPbxUserPresenceInfo' which tells me if the user is away or set to DND. However this doesn't show information about call states.

In the Swyx Administrator tool under the active calls it has the call states in there, how would I get this through powershell? 'Get-IpPbxCall' shows the active calls but no states?

Thanks,

Ryan.

• Most Valued User

Hello Ryan,

there are various ways. To advice you, please tell me more why you want this?

Options:

- Build a SwyxIt! Skin as a wallboard. You can create large status icons and remove all unneeded stuff for call control. Good thing is that the status is realtime and everything is working from start. You will need some time for making the skin....

- Create your own application and use the Client Line Manager API : Speed dials have events that you can use.

- Create your own application with information from Server API : Take care : The Server API does not involve "Triggers" and changes you want are NOT pushed. So you will have to read the requested information every x seconds. From my experience, the Swyxserver and API is NOT build to do this. Performance, Memoryleaks, Errors.... I have seen them all.

- Use add-on tool : iQueue. You will have a Wallboard and Manager tool with realtime information from Swyx users. Also this tool will give you reporting and and real time statistics. I can help you installing a trial version via Teamviewer in 30 minutes.

Regards,

Remco

Hi Remco,

Thanks for the quick reply.

We have a company intranet, and on there I am creating a dashboard that will be displayed as a page on a large TV. It will contain a variety of information and ideally we would like to also display user Swyx status (away, dnd, on a call, available etc).

Does this help with you guiding me in the right direction?

Ryan.

Hmm not really. That is a standalone application. I want to incorporate the states into a HTML page... so what I'm really after is the command that can get the active calls, and the state of those calls.

It appears to be Get.ActiveCallsViews, with the API there seems to be the option to drill down into the call state by itterating through each item in the active call.. but seems long winded and I was just wondering if it could be achived through a powershell script instead.

• Most Valued User

Than you will have to do with the Powershell commands indeed. Look into the Powershell part of this Forum and you will find a command to get all active calls and user status. You can export the output into a textfile, of even a database if you wish. Your intranet application can use this as a source for sharing in HTML.

Archived