Call Recording Beep Tones

netsys

In the US we each state can have laws regarding the recording of calls.  Here in Florida we have a two party notification law that is in place. 

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) (48 C.F.R. Sec. 64.501) requires at least one of the following measures be taken when recording an interstate phone call:

1. Both parties consent to the recording; or
  2. The recording party must give verbal notification before recording; or
  3. There must be a regular electronic beep tone during recording.

Swyx does not currently have the feature to insert a double "beep-beep" tone at the beginning of an outbound call or a regular electronic beep.

I have discussed with Sales Support and we have not come up with a viable easy to use solution....  Has anyone come across this before with a solution at hand? 

- Our SIP trunk provider does not offer this feature

- Conferencing in an extension that has a greeting recorded as a beep tone would require a number of steps on the agents behalf and defeats the F11 to dial  or web extension that we have

- I am wondering if there is an Audiocodes or other gateway that can insert tone (this would be on native SIP trunks)

• Most Valued User

As far as I remember you should make your own beep.wav and import this via the server tab and files, edit option on global level. As Swyx searches for files without a explicit path in this order:

• User
  • User Default
  • Global
  • System Default

Please keep in mind that you use the right specs and codecs of your wave file, you should look into Swyxware.pdf manual. Wrong wave file can lead to strange behaviour or even crashes.

Archived