Presence Status Doesnt Sync between SwyxIT and Skype for Business

sharkbone

I have a difficult time trying to figure out why the presence status doesnt sync between skype for business and SwyxIT running cocurrently (e.g when i make a call via SwyxIT status is busy on SFB status says available which is a status mismatch). Interesting enough i had the issue pertaining to only one user in my domain / network.  Could this be related to SFB or settings in SwyxIT? I have tested the specific user on other systems but problem persist. I checked on the swyIT side of things but didnt find anything relevant. Is there anywhere i should be checking or changing specific settings for that particular user? Need your advise. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

this whole topic is a litte bit tricky. I'll try to help:

First question: Are you using the Swyx Skype for Business Connector? 

If not - how do you expect that the status is synchronized, are you using any third-party tool for that?

SwyxIt! itself does NOT do that without the Swyx Skype Connector.

But the Jabra and Plantronics tools have an option that allows a status sync between all their supported softphones (which includes SwyxIt!, Skype, and Skype for Business).

But until now in all scenarios one thing will not (yet) work: Setting SwyxIt! to "busy/in a call" when having a call in S4B. All other directions should work.

Regards

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for the response . Will try the steps you recommended.I also read somewhere that clearing SFB profile cache does the trick. Can you confirm that too? Will combine a couple of things in order to provide a fix. Once again appreciate the response.

Archived