DTMF Transfer in Conference

WillBarnett

Hello, I hope somebody can help me with this problem.

For the purposes of taking credit card details in a secure way, we want our telephonists to conference in an external IVR line (provided by a 3rd party) during the call. The customer then enters their credit card details using DTMF and these are captured by the IVR line.

The problem is that the DTMF digits are not transferred to the 3rd party external line.

I was originally looking at an IVR solution where the customer was transferred to the IVR line completely (i.e. the agent hangs up) and had the same problem of the DMF digits not being transferred. However, I managed to solve this by making changes to the SignalDTMFWithDuration1 registry value as detailed in KB3767 plus some other registry values such as DTMFGapDuration, DTMFToneDuration and DTMFVolume.

I was hoping that these registry changes would also allow the transfer of DTMF digits to a 3rd party in a 3 way conference but it seems not.

If it is possible to do this and somebody can help, I would be very grateful to know how.

We are using Swyxware 2013 R5 (9.40).

Archived