Server very slow - some clients are not logging in properly, slow reaction of SwyxIT!

baschu

Hello together,

Our Swyx server has a very strange behaviour since a few weeks.

Clients need often 2 SWYXIT starts to login or the client is not able to login.

SwyxIT is often very slow if we open the telephone book or the status is not refreshing.

If we logged in with RDP it often needs more than 10-20 seconds to react.

The server has no high network load, ping is <1ms, CPU mostly under 10%, RAM 50%.

But what is very strange, Swyx writes a lot of logs - is that normal? I see it in the ressource minitor.

Only today it packed 17 PhoneMgr logs in ZIP files which are each 20 MB big.

What I think, is maybe the log level too high? Or are there many errors that the log file is "exploding"?

What is the normal level for logging or what should it be?

For Module "PhoneMgr" we have for example log level 6 in "PhoneCtrl".

I didn't find any official article to find out which log level it should be.

In the Tracing Tool it's on "default".

Thanks for every help!

• Most Valued User
On 19.4.2016 at 0:29 PM, baschu said:

But what is very strange, Swyx writes a lot of logs - is that normal? I see it in the ressource minitor.

Only today it packed 17 PhoneMgr logs in ZIP files which are each 20 MB big.

That's kinda cute. We got some servers here writing one LinkMgr, one SwyxSrv AND one PhoneMgr every 3-4 Minutes under normal day circumstances and without any error. These servers handle 1000 users and around 50-100k call attemps per day so this lograte is quite normal there.

As long as your IO capacity can handle it that won't cause a problem.

On 19.4.2016 at 0:29 PM, baschu said:

If we logged in with RDP it often needs more than 10-20 seconds to react.

If the server is slow on the Windows level already you should start your analysis over there.

Any errors within the usual syslogs? Failed DNS requests or domain logon attempts?

Or just reboot the system without analysis. Fixes 90% of all problems :D (but isn't really professional obviously)

Archived