Bug: Setting Speed Dial Number Weirdness

TommyB

Hi,

I'm trying to use Powershell to manipulate speed dial keys.

Obviously, quite a lot of things changed since the first versions of the powershell module as some of the cmdlets that are mentioned in code examples I found in the old swyx forum are gone.

So due to the lack of a comprehensive conceptional introduction I'm working my way through the get-help pages for each cmdlet, trying to get an overview.

Now that I found out how to log in and how to retrieve the speed dial keys for each user, I could not set the number on the speed dial, this is what happened:

PS C:\Users\Administrator> $KeyList = Get-IpPbxSpeedDialKey -UserName "xxx"
PS C:\Users\Administrator> $KeyList[60]

Id Label Number DialImmediately DeleteBeforeDial Intercom UserBitmap
-- ----- ------ --------------- ---------------- -------- ----------
60 True True False Automatic

PS C:\Users\Administrator> $KeyList[60].Label = "Bob"
PS C:\Users\Administrator> $KeyList[60].Number = "100"
Die Eigenschaft "Number" wurde für dieses Objekt nicht gefunden. Vergewissern Sie sich, dass es die Eigenschaft
gibt und dass sie festgelegt werden kann.
In Zeile:1 Zeichen:1
+ $KeyList[60].Number = "100"
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: ( [], RuntimeException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PropertyAssignmentException

You can clearly see that $keylist[60] *displays* a "number" property, but when I try to assing it a value, it tells me that "number" is not a property of the speed dial entry?!?!

Also, when I use $Keylist[5].Number (which already has a number assigned), I get no return value, but also no error message

Get-member reveals that there is no number property, but there is "DialNumber", which works as expected and sets the number.

PS C:\Users\Administrator> $KeyList |get-member

Name MemberType
---- ----------
PropertyChanged Event
Equals Method
GetHashCode Method
GetType Method
ToString Method
ValidateMaxLength Method
Command Property
DeleteForDial Property
DialImmediately Property
DialNumber Property
DirectCall Property
ExtensionData Property

So there must be some kind of bug... apparently the property was renamed sometimes in the past, but was not changed for the list output

Thomas

• Most Valued User

Hi,

you're right. The table format header for the "DialNumber" property is "Number". All PowerShell cmdlets returns objects, Get-IpPbxSpeedDialKey returns NameKeyListEntry objects which have a lot of properties. It is possible, and our modules uses that capability, to define how an object should be displayed per default on the shell. These format definitions can be found in 

C:\Program Files (x86)\SwyxWare Administration\Modules\IpPbx\FormatData

We mostly use this capability to exclude certain properties from the default display, because they're not important, so that for a table-style output everything fits into one line in most cases. That probably the reason why we decided to use a shorter column heading for the number. You can see the same if you call standard cmdlets. Try

get-process

You get a table like this:

Handles  NPM(K)    PM(K)      WS(K) VM(M)   CPU(s)     Id  SI ProcessName                                                                                    

-------  ------    -----      ----- -----   ------     --  -- -----------                                                                                    

291      12     1200       3640 ...99             372   0 csrss                                                                                          

280      15     2492       5620 ...15            5972   2 csrss                                                                                          

413      20     5376      13384 ...07            2572   0 dasHost                                                                                        

125       8     1528       6948 ...91            1840   0 dllhost                                                                                        

1963      72    29100      72000 ...46     5,30   6396   2 explorer                                                                                       

Many column headings are different from the actual property names to get more information into the table. 

So this is not a bug, but a feature. If you would argue that in the speed dial key object case the omitted "Dial" from the column heading doesn't make a big difference, I would probably have to agree, though ;-)

Hi Martin,

thank you very much for taking the time for this clarification - that explains it perfectly, case closed!

I'm not using powershell that much (but I know I should as I'm a software developer :-), so I was not aware of that specific capability.

Thomas

Archived