Large Background Image Won't Work

jonathanuk

Hello,

I am trying to make a 'full screen' skin suitable for use on a second monitor with the resolution 1280 x 1024, I have drawn a background image that fits within these pixel dimensions but when I try to apply the image in the skin editor it moans about the active and inactive images needing to be the same dimensions, however there is no inactive image (I have purposefully left the field blank), whats more when I load the same large image into both active and inactive fields it still complains, however with a bit of fiddling I can get it to accept the large image.  This is where the frustration comes in, no matter what I do it always reverts back to the original background image that was there before I loaded my new large image (they are the same file format) when I come out of Edit mode.  I have tried moving elements around so that there is something in all four corners of the skin, it just puts them back to where they were as if it is aborting and just reloading the previous skin before I tried adding the new large background image.  I should point out that I am designing this skin on a monitor with a higher resolution than 1280x 1024 so it easily fits the available screen space.

Can anyone help with this please?  My goal is to create a Swyx 8 - style skin with the maximum number of speed dials possible, without having to draw entirely new graphics (I have tried but can't figure out how to make the animated graphics for e.g. ringing phones so that they actually work in Swyx, but that is another matter).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued User

While you're in edit mode, you can open the tempfolder where als images are stored %tmp%\ClCurSkn

Todo: Edit Background, click on select Image icon, replace background.bmp with the new larger background, swyxit will complain regarding the size, but afterwards it will show the new background. now safe your skin prior to any further changes.

Archived