Sip Trunk Not Working - How To Change Port 65002 To 5060

Marwan

Hi guys,

We have a new setup for SwyxWare 2015 and we are trying to configure a new SIP Trunk with a SIP Provider that is not listed in the Swyx tested list:

https://www.swyx.com/products/support/knowledge-base/artikel-details/swyxknowledge/kb4414.html

The SIP provider installed a Cisco router as our gateway to their network directly and gave us 3 IP Addresses; one IP for our SwyxWare Server, A gateway IP and the third for the SIP Trunk, so the setup is totally internal routed network without Internet and Firewalls.

After configuring the SIP Trunk in SwyxWare, it showed logged on successfully. However, we can only initiate external calls to PSTN successfully, but with no one of both parties can hear each other. Also we cannot get calls from PSTN ; the line shows busy.

Updating the issue with the SIP Provider, he replied as follows:

"You are using 65002 udp port which should be 5060 and sdp port should be between 10000-50000".

I have tried a lot to find out how to change these ports, but no luck. I referred to this documentation that shows some ports can be configured from registry, but I didn't find the keys as described:

https://www.swyx.com/products/support/knowledge-base/artikel-details/swyxknowledge/kb2308.html

Any idea of a workaround?

Thanks,

• Most Valued User

So you have a SIP trunk which registers at your SIP provider, correct?

In that case it should be f**cking irrelevant which ports you use on your site, because you act as a client and your "send from" ports should be adapted by your SIP provider.

As hard as it might sound: Get a SIP provider who knows what he's doing.

Hi Virikas,

As I checked with Swyx tested list of SIP Providers, none of them is in Turkey.

I am afraid we change it to another none-listed one and face similar issues.

By the way, the provider was asking us to change the destination ports not source ports and we found out how to do it through registry.

After changing the destination ports, it didn't work and he started asking to change the source ports as well. :)

Regards,

Archived