Questions/conditions/needs Related To The Pbx

DonnaEHill1

Dear Swyx,

I act on behalf of my boss who is planning a larger IT investment, but needs some background information.

So far, we used an open-source free PBX, but after we've recognised its deficiencies, we decided to buy a commercial product.

To tell the truth, we hesitate between some products, and we need some confirmations related to the concerned PBXs. One of them is Swyx.

So our questions/conditions/needs are as follows:

• The PBX needs to be an IP PBX.
  • Basic PBX features that we need: conferencing, video calling, voicemail, call queuing, IVR.
  • The type of all the desktop phone we use is Grandstream GXP 2000. The PBX should be compatible with this device.
  • We have a special corporate VoIP SIP phone ("softphone") developed by Ozeki's third party SDK. I am confident that we will continue to use this SDK, so the PBX should be compatible with this software.
  • And the last one: we would like to use Android smartphones as the part of our telephone system, so the PBX should support mobile extensions.

Please indicate if there is a solution that fulfills the above requirements. If so, please suggest me the proper product/service here or send me an e-mail to hill.donnaelizabeth@gmail.com.

I wanted to post this message here intentionally, because any further personal comments/experiences coming from the community would be appreciated.

Best regards, 

Donna E. Hill

hill.donnaelizabeth@gmail.com

• Most Valued User

Hey there,

because of your "type" of preconditions there won't be any(!) commercial product be usable - at least out of the box.

Especially the restriction that 2 explicitly named devices _has_ to be supported by your new product is the reason here.

Regarding Swyx directly:

- Conferencing system is.. well let's say it's like a bench. Anyone can sit down and have a conference. Room planning or restricting by dynamically created PIN codes is not possible

- Videocalls are only supported when using the own "SwyxIT!" softclient and only 1:1 videocalls are supported

- System Desktop Phone Client is Unify Openstage. There's actually now way around that without loosing many widely used features

- Softphone Client is "SwyxIT". This is the only software which supports all features. As already said concerning the hardphones you can (try to) use other softphone devices, but you will loose so many features that this is not a real solution

- Android integration: There is currently no supported mobile client which integrates a mobile as a real internal client. Actually all calls handled from and to the Android Mobile client are routed via GSM. The IP connection is only used for status and phonebook information.

--> As described by your preconditions a Swyxware solution won't fit your needs.

Regards

//Viri

Archived