Swyx 2015 In Hyper-V

zerox22x

hi 

We are goeing to try and virtualise our swyx server into hyper-v 2012 r2 , i wonder if there are alot of problems with the network layer and voip 

i have already looked around abit and saw some networking issues when it came to hyper-v on server 2008

there are about 15 users and about 10 lines maximum

we are just wondering about it before testing in hyper-v and then finding out that underload it has some issues with the network layer

if i posted this into the wrong sub forum let me also know

• 1 month later...

We've been running SwyxWare 2011/2013/2015 on Hyper-V for close to two years now, and have no problems with it.

Hi Newbie,

It is good to know that Swyx worked for you for 2 years with no problems  :)

We have moved most of our servers to Hyper-V and we are currently planning to move Swyx Server.

I would like to know what device you are using to connect Virtual Swyx Server to ISDN PRI Trunk. For us in our physical Swyx Server, we are using PCI PRI Card and we wonder what is the alternative solution that works with Swyx when we move the sever to Hyper-V.

Thanks & Regards,

Marwan

• Most Valued User

Hi,

The last installation In the Netherlands with ISDN feals like decades ago for us. Oke, to be more precisely I think it was in 2009 for a backup solution we did the last one. But virtualized installations both on VMWare and HyperV and based on only SIP via the available Internet gateways by our customters are common good over here. You should try it yourself :D

• 4 months later...

Hello Guys,

We have ordered Swyx Connect 8304 Gateway and we are trying to configure it.

It is actually AudioCodes Mediant 800:

http://www.audiocodes.com/mediant-800-msbr

Audiocodes have provided very good documentation for the device, but I couldn't find any document with details about my scenario: Connecting the gateway to PRI and Swyx Server through a SIP Trunk to route all outgoing calls.

I believe Swyx should provide such a document, but I also couldn't find any.

Any idea where I find something useful?

Thanks & Regards,

Marwan

I take from your comments that you are a Swyx customer and not a Swyx reseller.

Swyx solely provide their products through trained resellers. They have access to information from Swyx that regular customers don't have.

So you can get support directly from the reseller you got your SwyxWare from.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

I believe that Swyx documentation is very poor comparing to other service providers like AVAYA, CISCO.

This has nothing confidential; to have some details of how to setup a device, so not to be accessed by end users.

Anyway, we are in connect with our reseller to solve this, 

Thank you.

• Most Valued User

We have moved most of our servers to Hyper-V and we are currently planning to move Swyx Server.

I would like to know what device you are using to connect Virtual Swyx Server to ISDN PRI Trunk. For us in our physical Swyx Server, we are using PCI PRI Card and we wonder what is the alternative solution that works with Swyx when we move the sever to Hyper-V.

That is probably much easier as you think:

Just keep a windows server with your ISDN card inside and use Swyx onboard features to provide the card to the hyper-v machine where your swyx is running:

The only thing you need to do, is to run the Swyx Server Setup and chose only "Swyx Gate" as component. If you do so, you'll be prompted to enter the name of your swyx virtual mashine. afterwards your isdn card will be visible within your vm. You can find further information in Swyx Administrator manual.

Archived