I hear the ring when th3 phone it's off

frankjr

Hello guys,

I have a very strange behavior in my swyx server 2013 R6, when I try to call a phone off I can't hear the answering machine but the ring, why?

This behavior happening only when i use the internal number of the group (for example i set the line one with the group internal number), when i use the line of the user with the same trunk there aren't problem, why?

Frank

• Most Valued User

I am not sure I fully understand. But if you are call ing a number of a group directly then you will never get voicemail. This can only be done if you call a call routing user that has a rule to ring the group and if there is no answer or noone is logged on in that group then the call flow should go to voicemail.

Hope this helps.

Hello Mark,

sorry, I try to explain myself better:
in swyx i use the line one to call outside with a specific trunk through the priority and the source number (in this case 500) but when i try to call a non-existent number or when the answering machine answers, i hear the ring and not he voice of the answer machine, why?
I'm getting crazy :(

Routing table.png

Line of Client.png

Group.png

• Most Valued User

OK Now I understand, or rather I understand your fault, I dont undertand why its happening. So a couple of things to look at I think.

1 in active calls when you dial the number can you see it going out on the VODA trunk group.

2 While the link manager trace files are usefull faults like this are easier to see in my opinion in wireshark. So if you can grab a trace and have a look at the sip flow it would be useful. Any problems you can always PM me if you dont want to put the pcap here.

Hello Mark,

1 in active calls when you dial the number can you see it going out on the VODA trunk group.

- Yes the trunk goes in the right direction

2 While the link manager trace files are usefull faults like this are easier to see in my opinion in wireshark. So if you can grab a trace and have a look at the sip flow it would be useful. Any problems you can always PM me if you dont want to put the pcap here.

- I attached the flow.

Could be possibile that the problem resides in the swyx client? Because in the capture i can hear the voice machine.

flow.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued User

You are getting the voice machine in "early media" from upstream, while the Swyx server is sending a generated ringing tone from the server to the client.  Not sure if and how you can fix that, but I guess the official answer would be to upgrade to SW 11.

Hello Varmenni,

the behavior of swyx it's very strange, because i noticied that if I use the "trunk group selection prefix" there aren't problem and i can ear the voice machine, why?

Do you have some idea?

My customer does not want to update swyx until I solve the problem 😞