LastCause in VB script

Antonio

Go to solution Solved by jodost,

Hi, 

i'm trying with "call routing graphical script"  route an incoming call to mobile number (number x), if this is unvaiable and  the mobile provider answer with his automatic message i'll want to forward the call to another number (number y)

Incoming Call > mobile number "x" if this no response or is unvaiable forward the call to number "y", but the sendet doesn't have to hear the provider message.

I'm sorry for my bad explanation, but i have a bad english skill.

Many thanks for your help.

Regard

swyx_script.JPG

• Most Valued User
  • Solution

The following answer is based on German voice networks. May be different in other countries, but I guess it's the same.

The voice announcement "the person you have called is temporarily not available" can be transmitted in two ways: As SIP 183 Session progress (so called early media), which is similar to a ringing tone. Or as SIP 200 ok, this means answering the call and play it, similar to a voicebox welcome message. 

Which way - 183 or 200 - is used depends on the configuration of the mobile provider. "200 OK" is ugly, but it is a successful call (so the mobile operator earns money), I think to remember that e.g. T-Mobile decided on the type of product (Xtra prepaid SIM -> 200 OK to earn money. "Real" contract -> 183 early media). In some cases, the mobile operator can configure the behavior. 

If it is 183 session progress, neither the Swyx server, nor your SIP provider can really detect if the mobile is ringing or if it's offline. Both will take the "timeout"-exit. In some cases (depending on the trunk, the early media-behavior of the media bridge and some more) it might happen that the caller will hear this announcement during his "ringing" process. If so, you can answer the call before (place an announcement block before X) and then configure any music file as the ringtone in the X-block.  

If it is 200 OK, neither the Swyx server, nor your SIP provider can really detect if the mobile user answered himself, or if his mobile is offline. Both will take the "connected"-exit, and you cannot prevent that the caller will hear the announcement and the call will not be forwarded to Y. 

Possible solutions:

- Maybe your mobile operator is able/willing to configure the behavior to 183 session progress instead of 200 OK

- You could use the old "Mobile Extension Manager"-configuration (requires licences) and configure the smartphone as the mobile device of the user. In this case, the user must press the # key after answering the mobile phone (to tell the Swyx that he answered himself), otherwise the Swyx will not bridge the audio, keep the caller in a ringing state, and take the timeout-exit after a while.

- Or you could configure to mobile phone to forward all unavailable calls to somewhere (a number that is busy all time e.g.) -> in this case, the mobile operator would not play the announcement, but forward the call to the busy destination (and you can use the "busy"-exit)