Is there a way to add a door-opener to the system?

JPSelter

Hello,

I´m new to Swyx so please forgive me if this is a too easy question for you. I´m planning to move the existing Swyx server from a standalone-server (with ISDN / analog extension card) to a virtual machine. So I won´t have any hardware extension cards. We also have an old door opening system over a very old telephone system that I want to get rid of. That was attached to the Swyx server by an analog cable. I want to replace that with a modern solution over IP. Is there a door-system that acts like a Swyx-phone? I mean a system that is seen as a normal phone over IP? Perhaps where I can open the door with remotely?

Thanks for any answers :-)

The Rocom device looks perfect to me! I want to replace the doorbell but idealy reuse the cables in the wall. And finally get rid of the old Agfeo phone system that was just in place for this one purpose. If the Rocom can dial a phone number over IP then it´s the right solution :-)

• 2 months later...

Archived