SwyxIt! Mobile and iPhone

angelo

Hi,

I am unable to use SwyxIt! Mobile while receiving phone calls on my iPhone.

When someone calls me, the SwyxIt! Mobile apps signals the call but after 1-2 seconds the Phone App takes charge of the call and of the screen. SwyxIt! is not visible anymore and I have to use the native App to take the call.

The problem with this is that when I get a second incoming call (it's a business phone), the first call is moved to Hold (the caller hears music) and on screen I have the option to take or reject the second call. I am not able to change this behaviour.

Is there a way to prevent the native iPhone phone application from taking control of the calls away from SwyxIt! Mobile?

Thanks in advance for helping.

• Most Valued User

Are you talking about SwyxMobile or SwyxIt Mobile? There are two different apps ... and to be honest it sounds that you use both at the same time?

if you use SwyxMobile app, every phone call will come in via VoIP as an in-app-call.

If you configure "mobile extension" in the call forwarding settings (which belongs to the SwyxIt! Mobile 2013 app, but even works w/o installing the app), every phone call will be forwarded to your mobile phone number (as a native gsm call which of course has a delay of 2-3 seconds).

You should either close the SwyxMobile app or disable the mobile extension to prevent that every call will be tranfered twice to your device.

Hi jodost,

thanks for helping me and sorry for not being specific enough. I am using the Swyx Mobile (version 1.5.1.) app for iPhone.

After disabling the call forwarding, I am unfortunately unable to configure Swyx Mobile to use the iPhone handsfree. If the forwarding is activated, the iPhone Phone app takes charge of the call and I can talk handsfree. And this would not be a problem if the iPhone Phone app would ask me what to do with the second call (from a different caller) instead of automatically putting the first on hold. It's a domino effect...

Thanks again for your help.

• Most Valued User
16 minutes ago, angelo said:

If the forwarding is activated, the iPhone Phone app takes charge of the call and I can talk handsfree. And this would not be a problem if the iPhone Phone app would ask me what to do with the second call

well, it's some kind of misunderstanding.

1. the iPhone app does not take charge of the call, it receives ANOTHER call (from the same caller)

2. the iPhone app does not ask you what to do with the second call, as it receives a real phone call. This always has priority against apps. If you play a game, iPhone also does not ask you of you want to continue playing, it will freezes the app and offers you the phone call. And the SwyxMobile in-app-call ("the first one" in your meaning) is nothing different then a running app, iPhones does not make a difference if it is a VoIP app or a game.

It is a restriction of the operating system that apps always have lower priority than native phone calls.

As I neither use iPhone nor the SwyxMobile-app, I cannot tell you if "handfree mode" is possible on the iPhone app. But if you need the functionality of the native phone app, just kick off the SwyxMobile app and receive calls only via call forwarding.

Cheers,

Joern

Hi Joern,

thanks for the detailed explanation. Now i get it. 

I am going to test the SwyxMobile app to see if I can find a way to make the handfree modality work.

Thanks again for all your help.

Bye

Archived