The "real" called name in phone call list.

Dilbert

Hi,

I have the following scenario:

A normal user has a redirection to the company's reception. When the reception was a single/simple phone, and they looked into the SwyxIt phone call list, they could see the user that should get the original call. After replacing the "simple" Swyx user with a call queue and a group, they can only see the name of the group and - of course - the number/name of the caller. But the name of the redirecting user is not displayed anymore.

Is it possible to give the reception guys this information back?

PBXCall.PhoneCallListEntry does not have a property for the "CalledName/Number" and I couldn't find the number/name of the redirecting user in the PBXCall object (in the queue script of the reception user).

- Dilbert -

If I understand the scenario correctly the problem is, that the receptionist only sees the original caller but not the original destination. Is that correct?

If so, within the queue call routing script this information must be added to a place which will survive the following group call. 

The main problem here is, that a group call does not trigger any call routing of any group member (for a good reason). So there is no way to push this information in the PhoneCallList, as this is only available for the current script user, which is in this case the user which hold the queue call routing script.

The only chance I see here is to push this information into the display before adding the call into the queue. This should also end up in the call journal. The displayed name number can be modified via

Hi Tom,

you're right, the receptionist does not see the original destination. I already tries to change the calling party name (I already did this before to lookup names in external data sources, etc.), but unfortunately I was not able to get the original destination in the script of the call queue.

The scenario is:

Ext. Caller --> Some random employee --> Queue User (contains all the queue handling scripts) --> Queue Group --> Receptionists

Every property of the PbxCall object only provides me with the original caller or the number of the queue user.

- Dilbert -

Archived