Swyx Backup Restore

Dan Sparks

Hi, I work for a company which uses the Swyx server to run our telephone systems, a couple of days ago a fatal error was made and some important users were deleted which were Conference numbers which had external SIP lines linked to them. My question is we have a load of backups dating back to 2014 which are in either .dat or .bak files. How do I restore the user database within SwyxWare Administration from one of these backups? If that isn't possible which I don't see why it isn't because the backups are there for a reason. How do I create a conference number and link an SIP external number to it so when we call it, it creates a conference with that user and the number dialled.

Thanks a lot 

Tom, Thanks for the suggestion, the backup worked, however I've run into another issue now. I have all the routing users back which all have call routing scripts on them, previously before these users were deleted these worked fine, now i've run the backup the routing numbers connect and run the script but once they need to dial another number like an extension they just drop the call. The Conference rooms for example there's a separate internal number which is used for connecting us and an external number into a conference room, this room needs a pin and once the pin is entered correctly it just drops. Any idea why it might be doing that?

Many Thanks

Archived