Handle incoming calls based on the first 3 digits of the Caller ID

01alan

Just hit the "Help" button in the "Call" GSE block. It will answer your question ;) 

Call

Block_Call.png
This block can be used to query information about the caller or about the number called and then to use this information for decisions concerning the call handling.
Example:
You have selected the parameter “External Calls Only”. All calls which you receive from external numbers, i.e. not from subscribers within the company network, will follow the exit “True” and all internal calls will follow the exit “False”.
Under “Properties”, all three tabs “General”, “Parameters” and “Connections” tabs are available for this block.
This is how you define the parameters for a Call  
1.Here you can choose a call characteristic from a select list containing those characteristics, which are recognized by the Call Routing Manager: If you select an entry, which requires more detailed parameters, a new window querying the corresponding parameters will open.
You can select from the following supported conditions in regards to the type of call:
*Calls from any number
or a reasonable combination of the following conditions:
*Calls from caller ID
You can take the caller ID from the address book or enter it directly. You can enter several different numbers by separating them with a semicolon.
*Caller without Caller ID (you see ‘XXX’ in the display)
*SwyxWare internal calls only (in general, calls that are made via SwyxLink are external calls)
*External calls only
*Calls to my extension
You can select the number from the dropdown list.
*Calls to any of my numbers (if you have several numbers).
Wildcards can also be used here, for example, in order to be able to specifically identify international calls by entering “000*” (Public line access +  international country code). In doing so, ‘*’ can stand for several numbers and ‘?’ for exactly one number.

Hi Tom

Thanks for the quick response and the advice on rtfm. :-)

In the input box I entered 900* and then was prompted with "The input will be treated as a string either accept or add and "=" to the beginning of the text"

Which is the correct option with or without  "="  ?

Just to be sure the number is not supposed to be encased in " " or similar is it?

Thanks

Alan

I have done some more experimenting, I tried with my mobile number, it looks like the "=" is not needed, however, if I try 900* my mobile gets blocked even though it is presented as 9079xxxxxxxxxxx.

If I change it to 9001* the mobile no longer gets blocked.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Cheers Alan

HI Tom thanks for the clarification on the "="

However, I am not sure I understand your logic re the 900*

But now I think about it, there are 2  possible ways to exit the Call Block, True or False

What I am expecting is that if a caller ID matches 900*  i,e it is True and it will be blocked. By blocking I mean terminating/disconnecting. 

As you can see beIow I connect the "True" logic on the Call Block (Block Int Calls) to "Rule Executed" which is connected to "Disconnected

As 9079XXXXX it should not be blocked as only the first 2 digits match and not 3 digits.

i.e 907 <> 900

When I set the inbound Caller id on the Call Block (Block Int Calls) rule starting with a a Dutch number 90031*

Calls from Holland get blocked but not from other countries which is what I expect.

So it seems that I can set specific country codes but not all international i.e 900*

Another strange observation is that when the call is blocked about 10 entries get added to the call journal for each single call.

If you have any thoughts I would welcome them

Cheers

Alan

Call Routing.JPG

• 1 year later...
On 17.05.2016 at 3:39 PM, 01alan said:

We would like to handle calls (block) based on the first 3-5 digits of the originating caller ID,

such as 9001xxxxxxxxx

Is this possible? is there a wild card option like 9001*

Only solution I can recommend if it works with your current phone service is calls abroad. Go to that website and read all about their service. Landline blocking is free; they charge for cell phone blocking. Doesn’t work for all carriers or ISP (Internet Service Providers.)

Archived