issues with swyx setup in china

chinaman

Dear all,

first time poster here with a setup issue.

my company, headquarter in germany, wants to install a swyx system and also connect to our chinese offices.

i am currently in shenzhen to setup the pre shipped gear from germany.

the patton is preconfigured from german colleagues and is reachable in our network and the swyx client on my computer can make calls through the company network.

but the thing is that we cannot make calls out and cannot receive calls from the outside.

after a long battle last night we gave up for the evening. its confirmed that the patton is directly connected to the china telecom line.

still it doesnt work, i wonder if the issue is incompatibility of the hardware which is made for use in germany and the analog standard of chinese phone providers.

do any of you have insight into this?

best regards

mirko

• Most Valued User

What does "we cannot make calls out" mean?
If I take it literally, then I'd point you towarrds the manual where the "dial number" process is explained, but I don't think that this is what is meant here ;)

So please describe exactly what does not work as planned.

hi virikas,

with making calls out i mean to call numbers outside the office, not internal calls

we now had a technician here from china telecom and he prepared 4 ISDN cables, it we get the same issue, no signal.

the swyx client either says "invalid number" or "temporarely unavailable"

best

mirko

• Most Valued User

You didn't answer my question.

On 22.3.2016 at 2:07 PM, Virikas said:

What does "we cannot make calls out" mean?
If I take it literally, then I'd point you towarrds the manual where the "dial number" process is explained, but I don't think that this is what is meant here ;)

On 23.3.2016 at 8:35 AM, chinaman said:

we now had a technician here from china telecom and he prepared 4 ISDN cables, it we get the same issue, no signal.

No signal at which point of the connection? No Layer 1/2 connection on the pattons ISDN side?

If you don't get more precise with your provided information nobody will be able to help you. We don't sit on your server and can't see what you see.

So describe _everything_ and while doing so: Ask yourself "will someone who gets this description be able to understand what is going on and what is going wrong without having any other information".

Archived