Swyx setup with 2 Nic Cards??

Clive Taylor

Hi All I am new to this forum.

I had a swyx server installed by a contracted company a few years ago, since then I have been maintaining it myself.

All is ok, but I have just moved offices and will be bringing the Swyx server to the new office tomorrow.

Currently the server is setup with ISDN 30, so it has an interface card.

Tomorrow the numbers are being ported to Gamma SIP.

I know the server will work with Gamma as I tested it over a year ago.

the question I have is LAN port 1 on the server is connected to my local network. can I use Lan port 2 to connected to my Lease service which is not on my network range and would it just work?

the idea is the SIP service is being delivered to the server on LAN port 2 but all handsets are connected to the local network which is connected to LAN Port 1.

thanks in advance.

Thankyou Varmenni.

this wouldn't apply for my setup though would it??

the purpose of using a 2nd nic interface is only to connect to the SIP service. no client devices (handsets) will be connected on this interface.

the version of swyxware is 9.10.1362.0.

would it not just be as simple as adding the providers IP into the siptrunk as the proxy? that way if it is only the 2nd nic interface that sees that network then it route there?

clive.

• Most Valued User

if your swyx server machine has multiple ip addresses, you really need to configure these registry keys. 

If you just want to connect to a SIP trunk, your Swyx server only needs to have internet access, but there is no need of another IP address and/or another NIC. 

• 2 years later...

Hello,

We will soon migrate from ISDN to SIP. In the new network Concept, the network architect doesn't wan't the Server and Phones in the same Network as the SBC. 

So I configured my Swyx Server with a second Nic, following this setup 

admin edit: broken link

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Swyx\LinkMgr\CurrentVersion\Options I added the SipLocalInterface Key with the second Nic IP which should be used for SIP traffic  

and in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Swyx\General\CurrentVersion\Options the LocalIpAddress with the Server's nic IP 

We have in parallel the ISDN trunk and the new SIP Trunk, with some tests numbers configured on the SIP trunk.

We are able to call from the outside to the numbers configured on the SIP trunk, but if we make outbound call Swyx tries during 5 second to place the call with the SIP trunk but then goes to the ISDN Trunk. 

If I disable the ISDN Trunk and make a call via the SIP Trunk, it always says "Temporary unavailable"

Do you have any Idea what could be wrong? 

Best Regards

Sarah 

• 1 month later...
  • Most Valued User

By setting LocalIpAddress within the registry you just tell the Swyx services which ONE of the two adresses they must use.
You can't run Ippbxsrv service  for the Clients on NIC 1 and LinkMgr service on NIC 2 for the SIP trunk. Appends to alle other services as well. If running on one machine they all need to use the same IP address.

Only way around would be to put LinkMgr on an extra machine residing in an extra network range.

• Most Valued User

AFAIK LinkMgr is the only service that can handle more than one IP address. So it can communicate with the swyx server or the clients in the local network and with the ITSP on the other NIC. I've had to use the SipLocalInterface Key as well in such a scenario to get the media streaming working.

Archived