Pause Call Recording on a trunk from Client Skin?

Stewart

Hi,

Due to PCI DSS requirements we need to be able to pause a call recording so that card numbers and details are not recorded.

Is it possible with the swyx system to create a button on the client skin to allow this action to happen? (if not then it needs to be looked at)

I know that you have turn client conversation recording on and off but I am looking for this action on the Trunk recording section.

Swyx 8.0.1.0678 - Essential

Thanx

Stewart

OK, so I have found it under Trunk Recording.

I have Swyx monitor and swyx professional.
I allow user control for start stop record, enter a DTMF sequence and apply settings.

I allow the client record control.

when in a conversation i enter the DTMF code but do not hear the signal sound for start/stop and the recording still records everything.

Regards,

Stewart

Hi Stewart, for this to work you need to switch off the option to automatically record all calls on the trunk.  Then you would configure a user to initiate call recording and also stop call recording via DTMF commands.  Whether you hear the DTMF or not depends on the direction of call and type of lines.

The downside about this is that it is subject to the user/agent initiating the call recording each time they answer the call.

I will send you a private message with a possible option but involves a third party tool.

thanks

Nev

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived