Swyxware Administration 2015

Silooy

Hello Swyx,

Are you trying to make it dificult for your resellers to manage different servers?

We are managing a lot of hosted Swyxservers. And i know that it is not possible to manage Swyxware 2011 with Swyx administration 2015. But now with Swyx 2015 R3.2 And you use Swyxware 2015 R2 you can still sign in but you cant manage ECR. It says you do not have enough rights to do so. So I install 2015 R3.2 administration  to manage Swyx 2015 R3.2 servers. But that you cant connect to Swyx 2015 R2. What is up with that? Please help

And please dont tell me to just upgrade all servers to 2015 R3.2 because that is no small task for just managing te servers.

• Most Valued User

When we started Swyx hosting 8 years ago I created a batch file that installed the Swyx administration, started it, wait till it's closed and then it uninstalled it.

So I was able to use different versions on one PC. Except from the the time (it needs some more seconds to "start" the administration tool as it will be installed on demand) I can't remember any problems.

For some other reasons we now use local swyx administration on each server (connecting via remote desktop) so I don't use this script and more. But maybe this idea is helpful for you?!

Hello Silooy,

Pete is totally right: this is not an official Swyx Support forum. If you have complaints you should get in touch with Swyx via your distributor or directly.

I know from the past that is was possible to server multiple admin msc's in one console. But that was years ago and as far as I know this is not possible anymore.

A solution would be to have a SwyxWare Administration installed on every server and then just RDP to it if you need to configure something.

On 9-1-2016 at 8:31 PM, jodost said:

When we started Swyx hosting 8 years ago I created a batch file that installed the Swyx administration, started it, wait till it's closed and then it uninstalled it.

So I was able to use different versions on one PC. Except from the the time (it needs some more seconds to "start" the administration tool as it will be installed on demand) I can't remember any problems.

For some other reasons we now use local swyx administration on each server (connecting via remote desktop) so I don't use this script and more. But maybe this idea is helpful for you?!

Hi,

Not a bad idea, thanks. To all others, you are all right. I should not complain here about Swyx.

Archived