404 From Time To Time And Unconnected Trunk

Christian

• Most Valued User

Hi Guys,

from time to time, calls are not accepted by our Netphone 2015R3 with the reason 404 destination number not found- however the numbers are fine. some times I can call from my mobile just 2nd time right after the first try and it works. the SIP packets seem to be absolutely the same. 

2nd problem is, that the same trunk appears in the administrator from time to time as unconnected (small white cross). After disabling and activating the trunk, everything is fine again. I couldn't find a way to monitor a way of this unconnect event or an entry in the system logs. Is there a possibility to monitor this?

• Most Valued User

After disabling and activating the trunk, everything is fine again.

We found that this often is related to DNS issues. In some weird cases the DNS answer -esp. when using SRV Records- crash against the LinkMgrs internal Grey, Black and Whitelisting functions and the trunk just seems to say "you know what? f*ck it I'm out". Analysis of this problem is still ongoing, but as it happens anywhere between an uptime of an hour or 8 months it's difficult to find and/or reproduce.

Is there a possibility to monitor this?

Swyx writes connect und unconnect events into the Swyxware eventlog.

They are written from LinkMgr and should have the attached Event IDs. (Sorry they are from a german system, but the ID should stay the same.

post-27-0-40836300-1447401211_thumb.png

• Most Valued User

We found that this often is related to DNS issues. In some weird cases the DNS answer -esp. when using SRV Records- crash against the LinkMgrs internal Grey, Black and Whitelisting functions and the trunk just seems to say "you know what? f*ck it I'm out". Analysis of this problem is still ongoing, but as it happens anywhere between an uptime of an hour or 8 months it's difficult to find and/or reproduce.

I use IP-addresses in my trunk group configuration, the only dns names are the realms. So it is probably a different issue, right?

Swyx writes connect und unconnect events into the Swyxware eventlog. They are written from LinkMgr and should have the attached Event IDs. (Sorry they are from a german system, but the ID should stay the same.

I can see the event 8706, but not not 8708

Unfortunatly the node4 sip trunk is with IP authentication and not with sip registration, I think that is probably the reason for that.

Is there any other way to monitor the Trunk state?

Hello Christian,

Just some general ideas:

- Set the UDP session timer on your router/firewall on 130 seconds (reregistration time + 10 seconds);

- Disable SIP ALG on your router/firewall;

Did you create a Wireshark trace? What does it show?

Best regards,

Rob

Archived