Swyx 2015 Remote Connector

Silooy

Hello,

I am trying to set up Swyx Remote Connector.

I opened up ports 1901 and 16203, Unfortunately this way Swyxit will nog log on. When i also open port 9094 Swyxit will logon. But that way The Administration tool is also public available for all. Am i not seeing something here? I hope someone can help me with this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued User

Hello Ronny,

SwyxIt! tries by default ports 16203 & 57203.....and finally 443.

NAT these ports to your Swyxserver.
Logon to the server with routing first and generate a Certificate on the user.  Before you try to login with the remote connector check if the certificate is available on the client.

If you have any further problem, feel free to contact me,

Regards,

Remco

• 3 weeks later...
  • Most Valued User

Hello,

I am trying to set up Swyx Remote Connector.

I opened up ports 1901 and 16203, Unfortunately this way Swyxit will nog log on. When i also open port 9094 Swyxit will logon. But that way The Administration tool is also public available for all. Am i not seeing something here? I hope someone can help me with this.

I guess you mean 9101 and 16203.

There will be two kinds of clients now; SwyxIt! and Swyx Desktop.

To connect to RemoteConnector with SwyxIt! you will only need one port forwarded (default 16203). But as Remco mentioned, the client machine will need to have the user certificate installed. You have probably generated a certificate for the user in SwyxWare Administration. You need to manually export/import this to the client machine, or log on to the Swyx user account directly (LAN or VPN) for the certificate to automatically be installed.

For the Swyx Desktop client both 9101 and 16203 (default) will be used. 9101 for authentication.

Please check out chapter 25 of the SwyxWare administrator manual.

• 8 months later...

Dear All,

with the version 1.1.1 from the swyx desktop for mac i have a issue with the remote connector. i become 2 error:

Service CloudConnector failed to start: NSURLErrorDomain / -1001!
after that this error:

Service CloudConnector failed to start: NSURLErrorDomain / -1004!

any ideas?

Dear All,

with the version 1.1.1 from the swyx desktop for mac i have a issue with the remote connector. I become 2 errors:

Service CloudConnector failed to start: NSURLErrorDomain / -1001!
after that this error:

Service CloudConnector failed to start: NSURLErrorDomain / -1004!

I already check the ports and the certificate, On windows client it works correctly....

any ideas?

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure on the meaning of the error messages, but at the time of my writing v1.1.2 is current version and works well via remote connector. Am pretty sure that 1.1.1 also worked, though I think that this might be the version of Mac client that had major issues generally and was recalled by Swyx (removed from the App Store) a week after Swyx releasing it. From memory the client when logged-in with or without remote connector would just drop out and had other unusual things occur. I think that this was a heavily problematic release, but v1.1.2 seemed to solve these issues. In summary, v1.1.1 probably connects via remote connector, but there might be issues of disconnections, dropouts and general problems with v1.1.1 whether or not remote connector is used.

Archived